Individual Placement and Support
Individual Placement and Support (IPS) is a model of supported employment that has been developed over the past 25 years specifically for people who have behavioral health needs. In partnership with the Kentucky Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, we help individuals with Substance Use Disorder or other Mental Health Disorders overcome barriers to employment.
Employment specialists work alongside participants to reach employment goals. Exploring strengths and skills, as well as any career preferences, we will seek employment that accommodates wants and needs. We support the entire process of employment, from resumes and interviews, to work clothes and transportation.
Together we will:
- Identify your skills & interests
- Assist with job search
- Create a resume
- Assist with applications
- Prepare for the interview
- Start your new position
- Focus on Competitive Employment: We are committed to competitive employment as an attainable goal for people with behavioral health conditions seeking employment.
- Eligibility Based on Client Choice: People are not excluded on the basis of readiness, diagnoses, symptoms, substance use history, psychiatric hospitalizations, homelessness, level of disability, or legal system involvement.
- Integration of Rehabilitation and Mental Health Services: IPS programs are closely integrated with mental health treatment teams.
- Attention to Worker Preferences: Services are based on each person’s preferences and choices, rather than providers’ judgments.
- Personalized Benefits Counseling: Employment specialists help people obtain personalized, understandable, and accurate information about their Social Security, Medicaid, and other government entitlements.
- Rapid Job Search: IPS programs use a rapid job search approach to help job seekers obtain jobs directly, rather than providing lengthy pre-employment assessment, training, and counseling. If further education is part of their plan, IPS specialists assist in these activities as needed.
- Systematic Job Development: Employment specialists systematically visit employers, who are selected based on job seeker preferences, to learn about their business needs and hiring preferences.
- Time-Unlimited and Individualized Support: Job supports are individualized and continue for as long as each worker wants and needs the support.
Sign up with a recovery coach to get started.