Voices of Hope's Scholarship is a $1,000 award for a student in long-term recovery who is currently enrolled at a trade school, college or university in Kentucky.
Application period is now open for 2020! Deadline to apply is June 15, 2020.
1. Been in recovery for one or more years
2. Completed at least one semester as a full-time student enrolled in a trade school, college or university in Kentucky (eligible institutions will have a regularly scheduled curriculum, a regular faculty, and an enrolled body of students in attendance)
3. Good academic standing (minimum of 2.5 GPA)
4. Realistic plan to cover remaining education expenses
5. US citizen or resident alien
1. Official transcript from your learning institution as proof of enrollment and verification of GPA
2. Essay addressing the following prompts (up to 1000 words):
- What does recovery mean to you?
- What do you do to sustain your recovery?
- What are your long-term career goals?
Congratulations to George on receiving the 2019 Voices of Hope scholarship!
"Thanks to a loving God, I have been given another chance at life through recovery. It has enabled me access to a life I never thought possible. This would never be possible without the support of people around me all the way from my family to organizations such as Voices of Hope. Receiving this scholarship is another example of the undeserved gifts I’ve received from a new way of life and the unconditional support that others have shown me in this lifelong struggle." George Tasedan